Pages

Sunday 30 October 2011

Quick and Easy Cream Cheese and Shrimp Cocktail Appies

I was sick the other day and Cowie came to visit me after work.  I wanted to make him a snack because he was actually pretty busy today and came over with his laptop just to see me.  He's not fond of sweets so I scoured my kitchen for something to make him.  I had a box of gourmet crackers, cream cheese and some frozen cocktail shrimp.


While he was working in the other room I quickly defrosted the shrimp and dried them.  I creamed the cream cheese to get it to a spreadable consistency and looked around for my piping tips.  Unfortunately Rice Bowl had borrowed them last week and hadn't returned them yet so I just used a small spoon to place the cream cheese on the crackers.  I placed a cocktail shrimp on top of the cream cheese and voila! An elegant yet simple snack that can double as an appetizer at a party.  Perfect!


  And best of all, Cowie loved them.  He had one and put the rest in the fridge in an attempt to stop himself from eating them all in one sitting.  However, the only thing that it accomplished was that he got more exercise walking back and forth to the fridge.  Before the end of the night he had already finished the plate himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note!